- bookshelves (for upstairs project)
- potential overhead lighting (for almost any room... we have so many ceiling fans to replace)*
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
we realized the other day that the bathroom remodel is a great opportunity to make the 2 entry ways on either side of the tv the same height! (one goes upstairs & the other goes into the undefined space). this is great because that was one of the little things that i think eventually would have driven me batty. the entry way into the undefined space is right beside the new wall we will be building. perfect right? we thought so. this is what it looks like now...
Saturday, July 12, 2008
last weekend i went fabric shopping with my mom (so much fun!). we visited my favorite fabric shop in columbus - sew to speak. not only is it chocked full of beautiful, unique, affordable fabrics, but the woman who owns it is genuinely nice & super knowledgeable. our purpose for visiting was to grab some fabric samples for another project i'll be sharing in the near future. in the meantime i got these great prints!
Friday, July 11, 2008
here are pics from my first week of class (which was only 2 nights). believe it or not, i'm a lot further along than i was at this point in upholstery class #1. hahaha
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Friday, July 4, 2008
- sand. the wood on fancy chair is covered by a really thick coat of polyurethane or lacquer. ugh. it will need to be roughed up a bit so the new finish will really stick. this is my least favorite part. it is also the most time consuming as i'm only able to focus on sanding for about 10 minutes at a time (before getting bored, whiny or distracted).
- spray. because i've only given myself one weekend to do this (haha), i've decided to use all spray materials. the positive - spray paint will help ensure thin coats. the negative - if it rains all weekend i will cry :(
Thursday, July 3, 2008
- update the wood frame with glossy black paint
- update the fabric with super cute & whimsical "leo" fabric (by Alexander Henry - below)
- scotch guard the hell out of the chair when complete
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
there is a horrible horrible odor that hits you when you walk past the bathroom hole (like a mixture of mildew & dead animals rotting). i think it is the smell of our basement (which is directly under the hole). but i don’t understand why we haven’t noticed this incredibly offensive smell when IN the basement. weird.